computer science notes
10 Functions Learned & Examples
# 1 - Input Function:
- An Input Function Includes 3 Variables: Name, Object (sprite, characters, etc.), and Place (setting)
- An input function can change the values for the variables and it can create a vaguely distinct story every time.
#2 - Variables:
- Variables are data items that may take on more than one value during the runtime of a program.
- Variables can be reused various times across a program.
- A person's Name, place, and Object are variables that are used various times in the program.
#3 - Conditionals & Using If Statements:
- If statements let the computer make selections automatically and modify the output be conditional on precise conditions.
- An If statement can be used to ask questions, and respond as if the program actually is a human.
- When introducing through code (relevant to python), you often start with:
- “Print” or “S1” -> introducing strings, Or introduce it by defining it.
- This is because if you start with a code without adding an intro statement before that, the code has errors.
- Errors may take form because the code was not introduced with a definition. If the function is not defined, then there is no value to it, which gives it no place in the code.