How do I use the Teacher Platform Beta?
Hello! Below you should find a video and step-by-step comprehensive guide on how to use the Teacher Platform Beta! If you have not made an account yet and wish to see the video tutorial, first follow written steps 1 through 4 and then return to the video.
- Go to knowt.io and click the "Teacher" Section on top.
- Click the “Join our Beta” button. You will be taken to a form at the bottom of the page.
- Fill in the appropriate boxes and submit the form. You should recieve an email on how to move forward from there.
- Once your account is ready and you are logged in from the application you will immediately see a walkthrough like the one below.
- Enter in a class name and description.
- Now that your class is created, it's time to add your students. You can either add each student's emails manually into the box provided or click the add students by link. A link should then come up of which you can copy and give to your students to enter the class.
- In case you have a referral code from another teacher, you can enter it on the last slide like below. If you forgot to enter it there, you can visit this link.
- In the Classroom Management page, you can view all the classes that are currently active. To add a class, click the “+” button in the upper left corner.
- You can add the name and a brief description of all your classes.
- To edit the class description, click the “edit” button and make the desired changes in the pop-up box.
- To remove a class, click the circle under 'Select all' for the corresponding class you want to delete. The circle should turn red and the “remove” button should appear. Click the “remove” button and a pop-up should appear on your screen. Confirm the deletion if needed.
- To create a new note, click the “notepad” icon in the upper left corner.
- To trash a note, click the “trash” button in the upper right corner.
- To import a note, click the “download” button in the upper left corner. A pop-up menu should appear and give you the option to either download a document from a website url, Google Drive, or computer. The types of files you can import from your computer include PDFs, PowerPoint presentations, Word documents.
- To preview a quiz, click the “Quiz” button in the upper right corner.
- To add students to your classroom, click the specific class name in “Classroom Management." You can add students using “Invite Students” in the lower part of the window. To delete students, you may select the circle next to each students name and click “remove.”
- To enter settings, click the “hamburger menu” in the upper left corner. From there you can see your trashed notes, give feedback, and see “help” info.
Thank you for reading this in-depth tutorial. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to reach out to Knowt at firstname.lastname@example.org.